Who We Are
Schaefer Construction is a 3rd generation national builder that brings to life large-scale construction and renovations. We do it through ingenuity, transparency and project stewardship so as to build a partnership for generations to come.
We manage our conduct by what is right for our clients, our people and the communities we serve. We treat our customers and each other with acceptance, courtesy and the esteem due to any member of our family. We’ve built our generations of success on long-term relationships founded on great work by good people who care about getting it right. If you are one of those people, contact us about this position.
Our corporate values are our trademark and are the reason that over half of our clients are repeat. We manage our conduct by what is right for our clients, our people and the communities we serve. Our team members understand that our level of quality requires craftsmanship and that our most valuable asset is our people, and our most important product is our skill, experience and knowledge.
We are hiring for both of our locations in Louisville, KY & Tampa, FL.
Superintendent Position Description, Daily Responsibilities & Job Requirements
- Daily management and leadership of project site, and daily performance of all trades.
- Ensure the safety of the jobsite for all employees and subcontractor trades.
- Responsible for the overall organization & cleanliness of the site (working with subcontractor trades in their role in this).
- Daily jobsite & trade coordination.
- Working directly with Project Managers to include (but not limited to) coordination of labor, material/equipment deliveries, critical path scheduling, progress updates, etc.
- Creative problem-solving, troubleshooting & conflict resolution.
- Task planning.
- Anticipating potential issues & addressing them in advance.
- Keeping the clients vision/mission in sight and on-site at all times.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience running commercial construction and renovation projects.
- Drug-free & able to pass mandatory background checks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a solid ability to execute construction and renovation projects.
- Proficient in reading and understanding architectural, engineering drawings & specifications.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills; the ability to coordinate multiple building trades to ensure harmony and productivity on the job site.
- Computer skills in Microsoft “Office” products.
- Availability for travel to out-of-state projects on occasion.
- Experience with ProCore is a plus
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Work in a friendly, family oriented, fast-paced environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our web site at www.schaefercompany.com
To apply for this position please send a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schaefer Construction is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation to assist with the application process, please contact Michelle Ball at 502-968-1864.