Healthcare Superintendent – Florida
Schaefer Construction has an immediate opening for an experienced Healthcare Superintendent to run projects located in Tampa and throughout Florida. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years working as a Superintendent, with at least 3 years focused in Healthcare, Senior Living, and TI projects.
Why Join Us?
Schaefer specializes in multi-floor tenant construction, tenant build-outs and renovations, small to mid-size ground up structures, as well as projects in occupied spaces. Schaefer has an established reputation for completing projects with short schedules while adhering to strong safety regulations and delivering high quality projects that exceed client expectations.
The Superintendent will be responsible for:
- Daily management and leadership of project site, and daily performance of all trades.
- Ensure the safety of the jobsite for all employees and subcontractor trades.
- Responsible for the overall organization & cleanliness of the site (working with subcontractor trades in their role in this).
- Daily jobsite & trade coordination.
- Working directly with Project Managers to include (but not limited to) coordination of labor, material/equipment deliveries, critical path scheduling, progress updates, etc.
- Creative problem-solving, troubleshooting & conflict resolution.
- Task planning.
- Anticipating potential issues & addressing them in advance.
- Keeping the client’s vision/mission in sight and on-site at all times.
The ideal Superintendent will have:
- 5+ years of Commercial Construction Experience.
- Experience with Healthcare or Senior Living projects. (AHCA projects a plus)
- Experience managing commercial interiors/renovation projects in occupied spaces.
- OSHA certification (OSHA 30 preferred).
- Excellent communication and leadership skills; the ability to coordinate multiple building trades to ensure harmony and productivity on the job site.
- A valid Florida driver’s license.
- Proper authorization to work in the US.
- Drug-free & able to pass mandatory background checks.
- Availability to travel through-out Florida as needed.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation.
- Opportunities for Professional Training, Certifications & Education.
- 401k (% Company Match).
- Medical Insurance w/Dental & Vision Option.
- Annual Bonus Potential.
- Group Life Insurance Opportunity
To learn more about us, please send your resume and contact information to Michelle@schaefercompany.com. All inquiries will remain confidential.