Project Manager – Kentucky
We are seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized Project Manager to join our growing team in Louisville, KY. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-years of construction experience. In this position you will manage construction projects, oversee financial budgets, coordinate contractors, organize schedules, and control job costs.
Why Join Us?
Schaefer specializes in multi-floor tenant construction, tenant build-outs and renovations, small to mid-size ground up structures, as well as projects in occupied spaces. Schaefer has an established reputation for completing projects with short schedules while adhering to strong safety regulations and delivering high quality projects that exceed client expectations.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Work with clients throughout the construction process.
- Compile and plan budgets along with cost and financial estimates.
- Order and manage equipment and materials.
- Develop and maintain project schedules for field personnel.
- Plan and manage subcontractors’ schedules and ensure that they are staying within their budgeted amount.
- Review and submit all change orders in a timely manner to both the customer and subcontractor if applicable.
- Ensure all legal requirements/regulations, city guidelines, inspections, and safety requirements are met.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
The ideal Project Manager will have:
- Minimum 5 years commercial construction experience in a construction management position.
- Ability to build and maintain a solid working relationship with customers, vendors and team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a solid ability to estimate and execute construction projects
- Thorough knowledge of commercial construction costs, methods, and implementation
- Proficient in reading and understanding architectural and engineering drawings
- Ability to manage a team of employees and subcontractors on multiple projects
- Strong leaderships skills with the ability to analyze problems and strategize for a solution
- Ability to prioritize and multitask along with strong time management skills
- Self-motivated with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal building codes and regulations
- Ability to create and organize timelines, budgets, and schedules
- Experience in Microsoft applications and project management software
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation.
- 401k (% Company Match).
- Extensive Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental
- Bonus Program.
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Opportunities for Professional Training, Certifications & Education.
To learn more about us, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will remain confidential.
Schaefer Construction is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation to assist with the application process, please contact Michelle Ball at 502-968-1864.